Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm not lonely.

A couple weeks ago, my aunt was visiting and she asked me when there would be wedding bells at the Rothweiler house hold.  When I told her not any time soon, she asked if I had a boyfriend, I said nope, I couldn't be any more single than I am.  She then told me that my father needed a son-in-law.  I had half a mind to tell her I was a lesbian and therefore would not be getting married anytime soon and furthermore this would prevent my father from having a son-in-law from me.  But I held my tongue and let her be herself.

About a week ago, a few of my co-workers decided it was their job to get me a date for Valentine's Day.  I would just like to say that I have been on just one Valentine's Day date in my whole life (even though I have almost always had boyfriends on Valentine's Day), and it sucked.  Anyway, all the guys that they suggested are so not my type.  They seem to be nice enough, but are either not funny or not very intelligent or have no dreams besides working at a dead end job.  I couldn't seem to get it through their heads that I don't need a date or a boyfriend.  I am perfectly content working on school and living my life.  But they keep on making suggestions.

So here is a new song that I love.  It talks about being alone and not being lonely and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.  I don't need a boyfriend.  I don't really want one right now either... I have my dreams and goals I'm trying to accomplish and I don't want to get side tracked.  So this song is for all those  women out there who are feeling the pressure of dating and just don't want to or are waiting for the prefect man. There is NOTHING wrong with you.  Good luck on your search :)

4 comments:

  1. I don't any available sons. Sorry. Interested in travel. Do'ya wanna go to Tanzania with us this summer. We're going for two weeks, leading a team of eight to teach hygiene, English, computers and help conduct a clinic. The travelers are funny, smart and at retirement age starting new adventures. And they like to travel. Last time we stayed on a coffee plantation and bought fresh roasted coffee beans. Leigh, what more could you ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video! Being single is okay. Being lonely is not. The two really do not go together. You are right though it is difficult for most people to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl... that is the immediate response I had. Good topic and video, I doubt there is women out there that can't relate to some aspect of your post. Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think almost everyone can relate to your blog post. Honestly, I think and I see this happen a lot to women that I know, they are in such a hurry to find a man/relationship because they believe that as they get older they will not be able to find anyone. I highly disagree with them, I believe that life is meant to be enjoyed, you should go for your dreams and goals and be established before you decide to have a committed relationship, but you should have a relationship with someone that you absolutely cannot live without :) I joke sometimes that I wouldn't mind being single my whole life, as long as I can have my future great dane, bernese, english bulldog, and noufandland. I also joke that I'm asian and I look like I'm 16 so I probably won't age that much when I'm 60 :D Traveling would be amazing and I believe if you have the opportunity to go somewhere you should take it, I just wish that the tickets were cheaper.

    ReplyDelete