Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Axe body spray and lip gloss

Middle schoolers are awkward.  Most of the time they smell horrible and they also have really bad hair.  Why would anyone want to work with middle schoolers their whole life?  I will answer this for you, because they are HILARIOUS!

As I went around one day and told students they needed to either turn in their library books or renew them so they wouldn't be charged for them, one student told me, "I can't."  Thinking that she lost it, I asked why and she replied "The library ninjas already took it from me!"  "WHAT??!?" I exclaimed and she went on to tell me all about the library ninjas and how they function.  The next day she even brought me a picture of what the library ninjas looked like (surprisingly similar to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

A couple of days later another student needed to use the restroom.  The pass in the classroom is a reusable grocery bag.  As the student was signing the clip board to leave the classroom, he held the bag as if it was his purse and was being very feminine.  This caused my mentor teacher and myself to burst out in laughter (I actually cried I laughed so hard) and we received many dirty looks from the students who were finishing the test.  

So, when we had all of that rain one of the students asked me if school was going to be canceled.  I said that it was doubtful and I quote "we would need some water from the ocean to help us out I think."  So the table group decided that we needed to get fire hoses and connect them all from the ocean to the valley so we wouldn't have school.  I told them I would help them out if they got the firefighters on board with the idea. The next day school was canceled for Salem-Keizer and on Monday when I saw the students who came up with the plan, it was definitely a foot in mouth kind of day.

Needless to say that these students are sometimes nearly impossible to deal with and smell terrible most of the time but they are hilarious if you give them a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment